The Women's Financial Education Series (WFES) is a multi-session program offered in the St. Louis metro area. The program helps women to:
- improve money management skills
- increase current levels of financial knowledge
- develop confidence in decision-making abilities
- gain control over lives by taking control over their finances
Each session contains a presentation by an instructor and discussion about the presentation, materials and/or each participant's particular circumstances. Topics covered are:
- Getting organized: financial goal setting and designing spending plans
- Banking, credit and debt management
- Estate planning: wills, trusts probate and power of attorney
- Insurance: determining your health, disability and life insurance needs
- Retirement fundamentals: How much will I need? How do I get there? 401(k)s, 403(b)s, IRAs, pensions
- Investing for retirement: stocks, bonds, mutual funds, diversification
Instructors include University of Missouri faculty and local professional experts. Only educational information is provided; there is no promotion of products or services. Partial scholarships are available. Childcare is not provided.
Call 636-970-3000 or email Suzanne Gellman, University of Missouri Extension, Consumer Economics Specialist.
St. Charles County: Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, Community Council of St. Charles County, Connections to Success, Missouri Family Support Division, St. Charles City-County Library District, St. Charles Community College, St. Charles County Extension Council, St. Charles Missouri Branch of American Association of University Women (AAUW), United Way of Greater St. Louis
St. Louis County: American Association of University Women (AAUW), Community Women Against Hardship, Connections to Success, Gracehill Women's Business Center, Missouri Family Support Division, National Council of Jewish Women, St. Francis Community Services, St. Louis County Library, Thomas Dunn Memorials, United Way of Greater St. Louis, YWCA Metro St. Louis
We appreciate the funding provided by Wells Fargo for this community program.