Friday, January 20, 2017KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Area farmers market vendors and managers are invited to a one-day regional workshop Feb. 10 in Olathe, Kan.
Wednesday, January 18, 2017LEBANON, Mo. – Openings remain for three workshops to help landowners learn how to improve the quality of their trees and market their timber.
Thursday, January 12, 2017COLUMBIA, Mo. – “Why do you hang on to your calves?” the beef economist asked cow-herd owners in the room.
Wednesday, December 14, 2016LEBANON, Mo. – Study and know your market before you sell trees, says University of Missouri Extension forestry specialist Hank Stelzer.
Monday, December 12, 2016PALMYRA, Mo. – The last sale of the year for Show-Me-Select Replacement Heifers averaged $2,054 on 240 head. That topped six fall sales of spring-calving heifers.
Tuesday, December 6, 2016KIRKSVILLE, Mo. – “Don’t look in the rearview mirror,” a University of Missouri Extension economist told cattle producers at the Kirksville Livestock Symposium.
Thursday, March 10, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – The next 10 years could be difficult for farmers. That was the message of the Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) annual baseline report delivered to Congress on March 10.
Monday, February 29, 2016FORSYTH, Mo. – Beef calves born early in the calving season are worth more. Ranch records show those economics. Research from the University of Missouri Thompson Farm shows how to get more calves born early in the season.
You may be interested in these external websites:
- G601, Agricultural Commodity Futures Contract Specifications
- G602, Introduction to Hedging Agricultural Commodities With Futures
- G603, Introduction to Hedging Agricultural Commodities With Options
- G604, Commodity Futures Terminology
- G605, Interpreting Commodity Futures and Options Price Quotes
- G606, An Introduction to Basis
- G607, Long Hedge Example With Futures
- G608, Short Hedge Example With Futures
- G609, Long Hedge Example With Options
- G610, Short Hedge Example With Options
- G611, Using Commodity Futures as a Price Forecasting Tool