Monday, March 20, 2017COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri Extension in Howard County and Select Sires will host a beef artificial insemination school April 7-8. The school is at the MU Beef Research and Teaching Farm, 5151 Old Millers Road, Columbia. The class is $350. Preregister by March 31.
Friday, March 3, 2017COLUMBIA, Mo. – The University of Missouri Pork Institute offers a three-day intensive educational program for high school students interested in pork production.
Thursday, March 2, 2017WEBB CITY, Mo. – A local foods workshop to help farmers markets vendors increase sales is set for 1 p.m. Saturday, April 15, at the Webb City Public Library.
Thursday, February 23, 2017COLUMBIA, Mo. – Applications are being accepted for the second annual University of Missouri Division of Animal Sciences Youth Leadership Academy.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017COLUMBIA, Mo. – U.S. dairy industry faced difficult economics in 2016 with dropping milk prices. However, many producers felt the government safety net in the 2014 farm bill did little to help.
Wednesday, February 1, 2017COLUMBIA, Mo. – If your farm has been in your family since Dec. 31, 1917, you can apply to have it recognized as a Missouri Century Farm.
Monday, November 21, 2016MOUNTAIN GROVE, Mo. – The sun is setting on the well-worn path to the dairy barn where Michelle Eilenstine milks cows.
Media available: photos
Wednesday, September 14, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – An improved online tool gives information from many sources on land tracts.
Monday, July 18, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – The summer slump in cool-season grass growth got a knockout punch from heavy rains in July across much of Missouri.
Thursday, August 9, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – The livestock industry is taking a direct hit by this summer’s drought, and that will impact consumers’ wallets next year, says a University of Missouri agricultural economist.
Media available: video
Wednesday, August 8, 2012NOVELTY, Mo. – Zac Erwin stood by a drought-stunted field of Sudangrass as he talked to wagon-loads of field day visitors at the MU Greenley Research Center, Aug. 7.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA – Soybeans that won’t make a seed crop offer potential high-quality forage for beef and dairy producers. The decision to cut beans for hay won’t be easy, say University of Missouri Extension specialists.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers are reporting that in spite of prolonged drought and hot temperatures their soybean plants appear amazingly green for this time of year.
Thursday, August 2, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo – Some heat-stressed cows are delivering premature calves, ahead of normal fall-calving season.
Thursday, June 28, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – Drought-stricken forages that accumulate nitrates can kill grazing livestock, quickly, warns a University of Missouri plant scientist.
Thursday, November 10, 2011COLUMBIA, Mo. – Americans eat 5.6 billion pounds of turkey each year, and all those Thanksgiving meals and other turkey dinners add up to a mountain of feed for fattening out those birds.
Media available: photos; video
Thursday, August 12, 2010LINNEUS & NOVELTY, Mo. – Byproduct feeds from ethanol plants offer beef herd owners a way to supplement bad hay being baled for winter feed this year.
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
You may be interested in these related publications:
- AGW1009, Weather-Related Sales of Livestock
- CB1, Agriculture Guide Book
- CB4, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G2000 - G5999
- EQ378, Selecting a Site for Livestock and Poultry Operations
- EQ381, Water Quality for Livestock Drinking
- EQ387, Anaerobic Lagoons for Storage/Treatment of Livestock Manure
- EQ388, Earthen Pits (Basins) for Liquid Livestock Manure
- EQ389, Storage Tanks for Liquid Livestock Manure
- EV12, Management Intensive Grazing Video Series (VHS cassette)
- G1004, Buying a Packaged Farm Building
- G1170, Proper Infrared Heat Lamp Use for Efficient Livestock Production
- G1884, Odors From Livestock Operations: Causes and Possible Cures
- G1931, Animal Handling Safety Considerations
- MWPS18, Livestock Waste Facilities Handbook
- MWPS18s1, Manure Characteristics: Manure Management Systems Series
- MWPS18s2, Manure Storages: Manure Management Systems Series
- MWPS18s3, Outdoor Air Quality: Manure Management Systems Series
- N1306, Meat Product Labeling and Marketing Fact Sheet: What Do All Those Words Really Mean? Fact Sheet
You may be interested in these external publications: